Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Run

WOW... something amazing has happened with the weather! Sunshine, blue skies and 70!!!!!! It's a gift straight from HEAVEN for Northern Idaho to see such incredible weather in April. I love it, I love it, I love it. On top of the sunshine, we had a great run very early this morning. I love getting it over with and being totally done by 7am. It just feels good to not have to worry about it the remainder of the day. Tomorrow is our rest day and the next morning is our half marathon. I am trying not to get too psyched about it and really I am just considering it another training run since next weekend is 14 miles. =) I can't think about it too much or I get stressed when I remember that the full marathon is only 2 months away. All I need to concentrate on is making each day successful, following the plan, one day at a time. Do the training and no complaining. There is so much happiness and accomplishment out there for us as long as we don't surrender ourselves to what can be our biggest enemies- ourselves- the natural man. Another life lesson.... I love this life and I am SO grateful for this journey!

P.S.
All the happiness does not come natural for me, it only comes after the accomplishment. In case you are wondering, I didn't want to run at all this week. I didn't even want to do the marathon. Sometimes, I just feel tired and things start to feel pointless and I lose track of what my goal really is. However, when I reach that days goal, I remember all of a sudden how good it feels. Thanks to my training book, I have learned that when I feel that low and don't want to do it, it actually makes my training physically harder. If I take control and change my internal thoughts, I get amazing results physically. I can apply this to so many different areas in life, what a gift this training has been. If I can do this... ANYONE CAN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment